di Stefano Landscaping is an award-winning Landscape Design, Construction and Maintenance company.
Do you want to grow in a professional environment? Do you have a passion for building and leading winning teams? Do you enjoy finding solutions to problems? Do you have knowledge of Horticulture, maintenance, snow removal and the green industry? Do you like to work in a fast-paced environment with unlimited growth opportunity?
Today, di Stefano Landscaping continues to grow and is currently seeking a self-directed and highly organized individual with experience in Shop/yard and fleet management. Candidates must be able to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment and be able to quickly diagnose, determine, and explain the best options for repairs or replacements of equipment as well as manage the landscaping yard. We offer competitive pay and benefits and a work environment with lots of growth potential to keep pace with the growing business.
This position is responsible for, and involves all aspects and management of the repair, maintenance, overhaul, service, and tracking of various types of small engine equipment, heavy equipment, trucks, and trailers. This position is also responsible for the overall management of the shop and yard space and the creation and implementation of fleet, equipment, shop and yard operational procedures, rules, and safety guidelines as well as manage the yard materials, cleanliness, and flow. This position also provides general support to the operation of the landscape crews which could include fabrication, welding, and on-site problem solving.
All applicants must:
- Maintain and manage a safe, clean, and organized shop and yard
- Keep yard stocked and organized
- Perform regular safety inspections and preventative maintenance on all equipment, fleet, and tools
- Maintain records and documentation of all repairs and maintenance
- Track wear and tear, downtime, resources usage, etc., and forecast needed replacements or repairs throughout the year
- Create and maintain shop, equipment, and fleet budget
- Be able to delegate shop and yard duties to crew members when needed
- Create and maintain a regular shop, equipment, and fleet schedule (repairs, inspections, etc.) to be updated and posted
- Maintain a meeting schedule with project manager
- Manage and maintain yard cleanliness, organization, and flow, material bunks, inventory, and returns
- Directly manage, delegate deliveries and tasks, and communicate with production support driver
- Able to work on small engines
- Able to work on and operate all type of vehicles and equipment (dump trucks, excavators, skid steers, loaders etc.)
- Qualified to work on diesel and hydraulic systems a plus
- Able to work on electrical systems
- Must have administrative, organizational, and computer skills
- Must have own tools (some tools are already stocked in shop)
- Must be able to lift 80+ lbs throughout the workday
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of upper and lower body for prolonged periods of time
- Valid drivers license and clean record
- CDL preferred but not required
Job Type: Full-time