If you are looking for a career with an established company with plenty of room to grow, this could be the perfect fit.
You will have the opportunity to take ownership, learn, and grow in an analytically challenging role within a fast-paced team environment. Our ideal candidate is deeply interested in finance and accounting, works well within processes, and systematizes their work. You will need to be thoughtful, responsive, positive, resourceful, flexible, and able to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
As a key member of the Management Team, the Controller will report to the Owner and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The Controller will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, and finance and indirect responsibility with budgeting, forecasting, strategic planning, legal, negotiations, and investor relationships with the understanding that this role will develop and progressively take on more of these responsibilities over time.
The chosen candidate will be accountable for the accounting operations of the company, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and reporting standards.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Above average salary
- Health insurance, Vision insurance, and Dental insurance
- Simple IRA up to 3% match
- Flexible PTO
- Laptop and Cell Phone
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Evaluates and advise on the impact of long-range planning, the introduction of new programs/ strategies, and regulatory action.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly, quarterly, annual financial records for owners and end users
- Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Coordinating and preparing internal financial statements
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Oversee payroll, commission functions
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow
- Assists with processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Provides recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s in business, accounting, or related field
- Master’s degree highly preferred
- STORIS ERP experience preferred
- 5+ years of proven accounting experience
- 5+ years of experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager
- BA/BS Degree in finance or accounting with CPA
- 7+ years in finance & accounting with at least 3 years in public accounting
- CPA license is preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to use sound judgment and decision making
- High attention to detail
- Self-directed individual who can work independently and yet collaborate with team members cross-functionally as necessary
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite – including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint in particular
- Proven experience, with a focus on streamlining accounting processes
- Candidates should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally